75 Questions to get to know me
1. What facial feature do you find the most attractive on others?
Eyes. Followed by a great smile.
2. Would you vote for a woman candidate for president?
Yes, providing she was the best candidate for the job. I’m tired of settling. I want someone extraordinary running for this office.
3. Would you marry for money?
4. Have you had braces?
5. Do you pluck your eyebrows?
No. I’ve had it done once or twice, but I’m too damned lazy to do it. And I just don’t care.
6. Do you ever cut or hurt yourself?
No… unless you count doing a job where that happens a lot. There’s some truth behind the expression ‘dumber than a bag of jousters.’ Oh, wait – my husband created that expression. Hmmmm.
7. When was the last time you had a hickey?
8. Have you ever been in a fistfight?
No. At least, not one that wasn’t choreographed.
9. Do you use ICQ, AOL Buddy list etc..?
AOL… or rather, now, iChat.
10. If so, how many people are on your list(s)?
Not terribly many. I’m so rarely on nowadays, it is a wonder anyone wants to chat with me at all.
11. If you could live in any past time period, which would it be?
Argh. How to choose? Lately, I’d have to say the end of the 19th century. So much was happening, so much was changing in the world… but there was still a strong connection to the land, to community. Also, growing up, I desperately wanted to be Anne Shirley. (I wanted to be Maid Marian, too, but that’s another story)
12. If you could live in any fictitious land, what would it be?
While Middle Earth would be gorgeous and exciting, I’m going to say The Secret Country. I could have sword lessons with Randolph and everything else with Fence.
13. Do you wear shoes in the house or take them off?
Off, but only because I like being barefoot. I put shoes on to go into the basement.
14. What is your favorite fruit?
15. Do you eat wheat bread or white?
Wheat. Whole grain is even better.
16. What is your favorite place to visit?
The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I always have to say hello to they Assyrian winged guardian figures. Oh, and pop out into the park to say ‘hey!’ to Jagiello.
17. What is the last movie you saw?
Peter Pan (while on the treadmill)
18. Do you kiss on the first date?
I only have once… but since I’ve not been on many dates, the percentage is fairly high.
19. Are you photogenic?
Gods, no. There are a very, very few decent photos of me.
20. Do you dream in color or black and white?
Color. Once in a faded, almost sepia tone.
21. Are you wearing fingernail polish?
22. Do you have any dimples?
Yes. Yes I do.
23. Do you remember being born?
“God, what a memory.”
24. Why do you take surveys?
It is fun. I like to read other people’s answers; it helps me to know them better. Mayhap they’ll feel the same about my own responses.
25. Do you drink alcohol?
Yes, but rarely to excess. Unless I’m out for a nice dinner, I’m a beer drinker – none of that pale, watery stuff, either. Guinness, John Courage, Smithwicks… nice, rich dark beers. Yuengling is the standby for Faire.
26. Did you like or do you like high school?
I love learning. I really adored some of my teachers. I had a few good friends, my imagination, my books and my horseback riding.
Overall, I did not like high school. I was a scrawny, awkward and gawky bookworm, frizzy-haired and socially inept. I was alternately teased and utterly ignored. Certain memories yank me back into that teen-aged me. ::shudder::
27. What is the most beautiful language?
I am partial to Gaelic (Irish or Scots), particularly when sung.
28. When you are asleep do you like being kissed awake?
Yes, and most mornings I am. Don and I never leave the house without kissing the other, who may still be abed.
29. Do you like sunrises or sunsets the most?
This is a tough one. I do love both. I think I’ll have to go with sunsets. While sunrises are lovely, they do fade into the bright light of day. Sunsets burn out into darkness, into mystery…
30. Do you want to live to be 100?
Only if I’m physically and mentally sound, and only if I have my love with me.
31. Do you think women should be expected to shave their body hair?
No. I choose to do so, however.
32. Do you like salty food or sugary food the most?
Salty. I adore ice cream and chocolate and cakes with truly disgusting amounts of frosting, but give me popcorn and chips and fries. (and I wonder why I just can’t keep my weight down!)
33. Is a flat stomach important to you?
Yes. Maybe because it has been years since I’ve had one, and I don’t think I’m built to… I’m just curvy in the abdominal region. meh.
34. Do you or have you played with a ouija board?
Yup, and it was a wee bit freaky.
35. Are you loyal?
Very much so. I’m Willow. (that was just for you, kelleymck!)
36. Are you tolerant of other people's beliefs?
I like to think so.
37. When you watch movies at home, do you like the lights on or off?
Off, usually. Unless it is creepy and I am alone in the house. In which case, I really ought to be questioning why overactive-imagination-girl is watching a creepy movie while alone in the first place.
38. Do you believe in magic?
39. Do you have nightmares frequently?
I would not say ‘frequently.’
40. Do you like your nose?
Not so much, though I don’t think on it often.
41. Do you like abstract art?
No. I can appreciate it, but generally I do not like it.
42. Do you think you can draw well?
No, but I think I have the potential. There is just too much I want to learn to do!
43. Do you listen to music daily?
For the most part. When I’m in the car I tend to listen to NPR, but at work (before we open) I’ve got my iPod. And of course there are weekly rehearsals…
44. Do you like to watch cartoons?
Yes, but I do not often have the time.
45. At what age did you find out that Santa Claus wasn't real?
I was… wait a sec… not real?!?
46. How many pairs of shoes do have in your closet?
Two pairs of faire boots, two pairs sneakers (one general, one running), one pair work shoes, two pairs hiking boots… anything else in there needs to be tossed, and I’ve not yet gotten to doing so. I can not tell you how long I’ve been wearing paddock boots that are falling to bits; the soles are flopping off at the heel and the leather uppers are riddled with worn spots and holes.
47. Do you like to wear the same shoes everyday or do you like a variety?
No. I like to rotate between three diferent pairs.
48. Do you write poetry?
Not in quite some time. I wrote my share of bad poetry several years ago.
49. Do you snore?
Sometimes. I am told it is teeny-tiny, though.
50. Do you sleep more on your back, front, or sides?
Sides, mostly. I toss and turn a lot.
51. Would you rather have a poodle or a rottweiler?
Of the two, a rottweiler. If I had my own choice, a mutt rescued from the local shelter. Or a border collie.
52. Do you lick stamps?
Every time I get stamps nowadays, they are the self-adhesive kind. So, no.
53. Do you use an electric can opener?
54. Have you ridden in a hot air balloon?
55. Which hurts the most, physical or emotional pain?
Hard to compare the two, I think. I’ve been fortunate enough to have avoided serious physical injury, but I’ve certainly been trounced about. Still, if you’d asked me this the first time my heart was broken… eep. It was bad.
56. Do you think balding men should shave their heads?
Hell, yes. Bald is sexy! Combover is very much not.
57. Do you know anyone who is clinically depressed?
58. Do you prefer a piano or a violin?
Violin. Or, more appropriately, fiddle. Fiddle played well is (not unlike bald men!) sexy. Rawr.
59. Are you a sex addict?
60. Do you know someone who has cancer?
61. Do you hunt?
No. Just… no.
62. Do you like fast food joints, or expensive restaurants?
I have a rather horrifying fondness for Popeye’s chicken. Expensive restaurants make me nervous. Mid-range, I’m fine, and rather enjoy from time to time.
64. Do you have a middle name?
Anne… ‘Anne’ spelled with an ‘e.’
65. Are you basically a happy person?
Yes. I know some of my lj entries might make it seem otherwise, but I really am happy, cheerful and optimistic.
66. Are you tired?
67. Did you drink anything with caffeine in it today?
I had a Diet Coke with lunch.
68. Have you ever met anyone off the internet?
caragana_leaves and bunnymcfoo. Neither were deranged stalker-killer types, much to my relief. They are both lovely and gracious and gorgeous. I do love them both. And, because I am a complete scatterbrain, I must add [Bad username: nimue9).]69. How many phones do you have in your house? </b>
70. How long is your hair?
71. Do you get along with your parents?
I’m very close with my mom. My dad has always been closer with my older sister. Dad has changed over the years, though; since his stroke nearly eight years ago, he has become increasingly curmudgeonly and negative. Doesn’t mean I love him any the less; it is just more of a challenge when I see him.
72. What color of eyes do you prefer?
Hazel, though depending on what I wear they shift to a mossy green. Until I was about 10, they were grey.
73. Are you an active person?
Moderately so. Much more in the late spring to early autumn.
74. What medications do you take?
Nothing internal (unless you count the monthly doses of Advil and Alleve).
75. What does your bedroom look like?
It’s periwinkle blue with a pale hardwood floor. In lieu of nightstands, we have a bookcase on either side of the bed (which is up against a large window looking out on our front yard; we’ve yet to get curtains for this window, but we’re screened from public view by a gorgeous row of hemlocks); my collection of Robin Hood stories are on the top shelf. There are square baskets (one holds my psoriasis ointments, another all of my hair clips and crap), candles, blank books, pens and yarn. At the opposite end of the room are two closets and an inset in which we’ve set Don’s armoire.
We moved in several months ago, but this room still needs some serious decorating work.