Concealer (stoopid perpetual under-eye bags!) and mascara
2. HOW MUCH DO YOU PUT ON?
I use the under-eye concealer and pressed powder every day. Work days I will usually put on mascara, possibly a wee bit of eyeliner, and a wee bit of lipstick. And/or lip balm.
3. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO GET READY?
I can do it in twenty minutes, and that’s not all that much of a rush. Mind, this is from shower to heading out the door.
4. DO YOU PUT ON A LOT OF LIPGLOSS?
I own one. I use it infrequently.
5. DOES YOUR LIPGLOSS SMELL GOOD?
Well, it doesn’t smell bad.
6. DO YOU CARRY A PURSE?
I carry a messenger bag.
7. WHAT COLOR IS IT?
Red and black.
8. DO YOU HAVE A COACH BAG?
Too rich for my blood.
9. DO YOU HAVE A LOUIS VUTTION?
See above. Times three.
10. HOW MANY PURSES/HANDBAGS DO YOU HAVE?
None. I really need one, don’t I? For grown-up type situations.
11. DO YOU LIKE TO WEAR NAILPOLISH?
No. Psoriasis fucks with your nails. There is no point to wearing nail polish when the beds are all pitted and wonky.
12. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET YOUR NAILS DONE?
13. DO YOU LIKE MANICURES?
If my nails weren’t embarrassing, I imagine it would be rather nice. I’ve never had one.
14. WHAT ABOUT PEDICURES?
See the answers to #12 and 13.
15. DO YOU HAVE A USUAL NAIL SALON YOU GO TO?
16. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR HAIR CUT?
If I have the time and money to make the trip with Kelley, we go to Jimmy’s salon in Haverhill, MA. The man is astounding. But last time I went local, to a place my beautiful (and always beautifully but naturally coiffed) sister-in-law suggested. I desperately need to make another appointment.
17. DO YOU DYE YOUR HAIR?
I swore I would only cover the gray for the purposes of playing Marian. I may very well get another colouring when I get my hair cut next. It’s one of those sheer ones that makes all of my grey look like highlights.
18. DO YOU STRAIGHTEN YOUR HAIR?
Not in years.
19. DO YOU HAVE LOTS OF PAIRS OF SHOES? BOOTS?
20. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SHOES?
Well, my old hiking boots are the ones I wear the most. I’m in denial that I need new ones.
21. DO YOU WEAR HEELS EVERYWHERE?
Never. I used to on occasion, way back when.
22. CAN YOU WALK IN HEELS AND NOT FALL OVER?
Yes. I do, despite evidence to the contrary, possess some modicum of grace.
23. WHERE DO YOU BUY YOUR CLOTHES?
Ultra clearance rack at Old Navy.
24. DO YOU GO SHOPPING EVERY WEEK?
25. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE STORE?
26. HOW MUCH DO YOU USUALLY SPEND?
If it is over $10, I’m disinclined to buy it for myself.
27. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN DIOR?
28. DO YOU FOLLOW FASHION TRENDS?
29. DO YOU HAVE A PAIR OF HUGE SUNGLASSES?
30. HOW MANY PAIRS OF EARRINGS DO YOU HAVE?
Heaps, a holdover from the days when I cared how I dressed. Now, I have maybe five or six pairs I choose between.
31. DO YOU WEAR HOOP EARRINGS?
I adore huge hoops. Used to wear them all the time.
32. DO YOU HAVE A LOT OF SKIRTS?
Only one that fits. Again... used to wear them all the time.
33. DO YOU GET YOUR EYE BROWS DONE?
I really ought to.
34. CAN YOU APPLY MASCARA WITHOUT OPENING YOUR MOUTH?
35. DO YOU WEAR A LOT OF EYELINER?
36. DO YOU DO PILATES OR YOGA?
I would love to learn yoga.
37. DO YOU HAVE A LOT OF MAGAZINES?
I'm not so very girly. Then again, it has come to my attention of late that I really need to suck it up and buy myself some clothes and shoes or make peace with wearing things that are literally falling apart. Guess which choice is winning so far. *grumble*